Monday, January 17, 2011

UML

If you have P90X you know what UML is...if you don't...well, good for you. Here I am thinking I will start this work out regimen in February...not so fast. My roommate/workout encourager had another plan. She wanted to go through the DVD's and see what it is exactly that we are supposed to do. In this pack of DVD's there are 2 bonus workouts....seriously...a bonus? Somehow I can't really relate to additional workouts with bonus but, that's just me. With that, I can say I started P90X earlier than I expected to. Which really isn't that bad of an idea when you think about it. I mean...I have not worked out since spring time last year. And if I am about to start a regimen that consists of "muscle confusion", I need to warm-up not only my muscles but my mind as well.

So, UML...Upper-Middle-Lower...we really tried it. I mean we really put the DVD in the player and got into position. It was...if not anything else...a shock to my system. I feel like if my body can't get through UML...I will NEVER be able to push through the first day of the actual system. I heard stuff popping & cracking on me that even I was shocked and amazed to hear. And I was out of breath halfway through it. It actually was a good 38min workout. Tomorrow, I promise myself that I will try to get past minute 31 and by the time February gets here I would be at minute 38 asking myself, "I'm finished already?" At least that's what I'm praying for. One thing I can say is that after a hot shower I really feel relaxed and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

I even have my breakfast/snacks/lunch all set. This is what I was hoping would happen. I'm so ready. The only thing is...should I skip a workout day & do it every other day? I don't want to over do it. I mean...I don't want my muscles and heart to work overtime. IDK I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Should I take my Advil now or later? Hopefully I can get to at least minute 31 and be happy with that.

No comments: